15 liters Peacock Gudgeon tank

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. Takashi Amano

2/23/2007

Are those larvae or what? :-)

I decided today to remove all my Peacock Gudgeons to my new 180 liters and while I was catching them I realised that one male is missing. As a matter of fact he was missing for a last few days. Each time I was feeding them I couldn't see the second male... And because of my busy schedule I didn't have time to look around all that overgrown Java Moss. So I started taking out everything; plants and stones. And there he was trying to hide under one stone all the time. Actually it was impossible to chase him away from that stone. I lifted the stone and there they were...small Tateurndina ocellicauda larvae, all with eyes. I left the stone inside the tank and will leave it on it's own device. I discovered as well 3 Red Cherry Shrimps. At the beginning I added 2 egg carrying females, one jumped out and the other I believed, was eaten by the Gudgeons...but apparently the small baby shrimps survived in this 15 Liter aquarium.
Click on the image to enlarge it please. Photo by Dusko Bojic.